Oculoplasty, also known as ophthalmic plastic surgery is a surgery which is associated with eyes and its surrounding areas. Eyes are your windows to the world. Each one of us wishes to look radiant, confident and good. Oculoplasty is done for medical issues related to the eyes and for cosmetic appearances also. The surgery can also improve the comfort and function of the areas around the eyes.
REASONS TO GO FOR OCULOPLASTY
- Eyelid malposition
- Skin cancers of the eyelid
- Eyebrow issues
- Issues related to the eye socket (orbit)
- Tear drainage issues
- Eye-injury that has resulted in the damage of the eyelids, scar formation, etc
- Age issues or by birth deformities
WHO NEEDS OCULOPLASTY?
Only an ophthalmic plastic surgeon is the best to suggest to you if you need surgery or not. But there are specific symptoms through which you can gauge if you should be undergoing oculoplastic surgery or not. They are:
- Ptosis or eyelids hanging downwards
- Twitching of the eyes
- Scars, folds or wrinkles around your eyes
- NLD block or blocked tear ducts
- Tumours growing inside and surrounding of the eye
- Excessive fat in eyelids
- The absence of an eye
- Burns in the eye
- Blinking of the eyes more than necessary
Retinoblastoma is a life-threatening eye cancer that affects young children and rarely occurs in adults. A few decades ago, a complete cure for retinoblastoma was not possible. But with new techniques and strategies, treatment for it is also possible.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND POST-OCULOPLASTY
- Avoid activities that would raise your blood pressure. Indulge in such activities only after the doctor tells you it is safe
- To reduce pain, bruising and swelling, apply ice pack and rest
- If the discomfort persists for long, then seek the doctor again
OPHTHALMIC AND FACIAL PLASTIC SURGERY AT CENTRE FOR SIGHT
Centre For Sight is your one-stop solution that provides cost-effective approaches to prevent and treat retinoblastoma. The hospital also offers state-of-the-art services for cosmetic procedures of the eyes and face. We have a team of highly qualified oculoplasty eye surgeons who have in-depth knowledge of Ophthalmology and have expertise in cosmetic eye surgery. They are experts in enhancing your facial features and ensure a good new look to you.
AT CFS, COMPREHENSIVE TREATMENT IS AVAILABLE FOR:
- Droopy & tired eyes
- Eyelid bags
- Wrinkles & deep expression lines
- Dark circles, ageing eye
- Facial skin changes
- Ptosis surgery
- Brow lift
- Botox and dermal fillers
Centre For Sight houses trained and experience-driven ophthalmic and facial plastic surgeons who are well-versed with the complexities and correct ways to deal with these sensitive areas. By adopting various surgical and non-surgical methods, surgeons at CFS try to give the best eye-care to the patients.