Dr. Santosh G Honavar
Specialties of Dr. Santosh G Honavar
Qualification of Dr. Santosh G Honavar
Experience of Dr. Santosh G Honavar
- Dr. Santosh G Honavar has completed his MBBS from the Bangalore Medical
College (Best Graduate of the Bangalore University; 7 Gold Medals); Post-graduate
training in Ophthalmology, followed by Senior Residency in Ophthalmic Plastic
Surgery at the R P Center for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi (Best
Resident award); and Fellowship in Ocular Oncology at the Wills Eye Hospital,
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- His previous experience includes Senior resident at AIIMS (1992-1995), faculty and Head of the Department, and later Associate Director at the LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad (1995-2013); Adjunct Professor at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Ohio State University Dept of Ophthalmology.
- Dr. Santosh G Honavar focuses on tumors of the ocular surface, eyelid, eye, and orbit, and specifically retinoblastoma; eye plastic surgery and eye prosthesis.
Research and Designation held of Dr. Santosh G Honavar
- Director Medical Services – Centre for Sight
- Dr. Santosh G Honavar has extensively published in peer-reviewed journals (over 150 manuscripts) and has written several book chapters. He is on the Advisory Board of the International Council of Ophthalmology, is the Secretary of the Oculoplastic Association of India and the Vice president of the Asia Pacific Society for Ocular Oncology and Pathology.
Awards and Recognition of Dr. Santosh G Honavar
- Some of the major awards and honors to his credit include Pfizer National Award & Medallion, Col. Rangachari Gold Medal by the AIOS, Zeigler International Fellowship by the Orbis International, USA, Dr Siva Reddy International Award by the AIOS, Senior Achievement Award by the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award by the Govt of India.