Advancing age is a primary reason for cataract. With age, protein of the lens turns opaque. Other causes of cataract are metabolic disorders such as diabetes, excessive exposure to sunlight, lifestyle disorders like heavy alcohol consumption and smoking. Injury to the eye can also lead to clouding of the lens of the eye.
Treatment of Cataract
When cataract forms, surgery is the only way to treat it. In cataract surgery, the surgeon removes the clouded lens and puts an Intra Ocular Lens (IOL) in your eye. Your vision will be as good as pre-cataract days, though you may need to wear glasses. Over the years, cataract surgery has moved from vision restorative to refractive surgery, so that you have reduced need of glasses.
Best cataract treatment requires the combination of expertise of experienced doctors and latest technology working together. Centre for Sight is considered as one of the leading hospitals in India for cataract surgery. The hospitals are fully equipped with trained eye specialists for treatment of the patients.
Robotic Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery
Femtosecond Laser technology is an advanced technology for cataract surgery available throughout the world. It has significantly automated the complicated steps of cataract surgery.
- Blade free, laser assisted procedure
- The actual working of the laser takes less than 1 minute
- Capsular opening, fragmentation of cataract with laser & corneal incisions are fully automated to deliver precise cuts and is more accurate than manual blade incision
- Reduces phaco energy
- Enables Astigmatism correction at the time of cataract surgery
- Greater safety, precision & accuracy
- Better visual outcome with quicker recovery
Catalys for Robotic laser assisted cataract surgery
Micro Incision Cataract Surgery
Over the years the size of corneal incision made during cataract surgery has considerably reduced
leading to improved visual outcome & quicker post procedure recovery for the patient.
- Requires a very small incision of about 2mm
- Cataract is emulsified into small pieces by phacoemulsification and a foldable IOL is implanted
- Walk-in, Walk-out procedure
- Stitchless, bloodless, painless surgery
- Quick healing and post-operative recovery
- Requires a small incision of 3.2 mm
- Stitchless surgery
- Cataract is emulsified and removed using an ultrasonic phacoemulsification probe
- Foldable IOL is implanted
Centre for Sight has always been adopting the latest technology in eye care that has resulted in improved visual outcome and comfort for the patient. True to our belief that every eye deserves the best, we have introduced the latest generation phaco machines.
Centre for Sight houses the most advanced phacoemulsification systems like the Centurion, Infiniti from Alcon, Signature from Abbott and Stellaris from Bausch & Lomb and offers a wide range of premium intraocular lens options to its patients.
With Femtosecond laser, cataract surgery can now be more safe & accurate. Automating the most crucial steps in cataract surgery assures minimum pain & maximum accuracy and also ensures a quick surgery & quicker recovery.At Centre for Sight, we offer latest and most advanced Cataract surgery treatment and are equipped with the catalys and LenSx femtocataract platforms.