Dr. Nikhil S. Choudhari
Specialties of Dr. Nikhil S. Choudhari
Qualification of Dr. Nikhil S. Choudhari
- DNB (Ophthalmol)
- Fellowship in Glaucoma (LVPEI)
Experience of Dr. Nikhil S. Choudhari
1. Consultant in Glaucoma, Neuro-ophthalmology and Cataract for nearly 5 years at Sankara Nethralaya (Main), Chennai and at various campuses of L. V. Prasad Eye Institute at Hyderabad, including KAR campus; Banjara Hills and Lahoti Eye Centre; Madhapur for more than 10 years
2. Areas of expertise include management of various disorders of the optic nerve, including complex glaucoma and surgery for glaucoma, like Trabeculectomy; Ahmed Glaucoma Valve; Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery, Combined Glaucoma and Cataract Surgery and Cataract Surgery in patients with Glaucoma
Research and Designation Dr. Nikhil S. Choudhari
1. Co-investigator of major population-based glaucoma studies in India like ‘Chennai Glaucoma Study (CGS)’ and ‘Andhra Pradesh Eye Disease Study (APEDS)
2. Presented scientific work at various national and international conferences, Has nearly 100 research publications in peer-reviewed journals to his credit.
3. Co-author of Sankara Nethralaya’s ‘Atlas of Neuro-ophthalmology’
Awards and Recognition of Dr. Nikhil S. Choudhari
1. Won several awards, including the ‘GSI-Pfizer Best Paper Award’ at the 4th SEAGIG International Glaucoma Conference in 2006.
2. Travelled extensively in the rural network of L. V. Prasad Eye Institute in the states of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka and has established a model, called ‘Diagonal Model of Glaucoma Care’ to implement tertiary level care for complex and advanced glaucoma at rural and underserved locations. This model is being advocated by the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) through webinars and by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) at London, UK through an online course on preventing glaucoma blindness.
3. Core-group member in the development of a toolkit for Glaucoma Management in Sub-Saharan Africa by Light for the World and International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO).