Dr. Penugondla Pavani Murthy
Specialties of Dr. Penugondla Pavani Murthy
Qualification of Dr. Penugondla Pavani Murthy
- DNB Ophthalmology
- FMRF Cornea (Research and Clinical) (Sankara Nethralaya)
Experience of Dr. Penugondla Pavani Murthy
- She did her MBBS from Guntur Medical College 2004-2009, followed by 1 year internship at Guntur Government General hospital.
- DNB in Ophthalmology from Sankara Eye Hospital, Guntur 2012-2015.
- She worked at Shri Sankara Nethralaya, Miyapur for a brief period in 2016
- She pursued Research Fellowship in Cornea (FMRF) from Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai - Oct 2016 to March 2017
- Clinical Fellowship in Cornea, Refractive and Ocular Surface (FMRF) from Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai - April 2017 to March 2019.
- Consultant Ophthalmologist (Cornea, Cataract, Refractive) at Sree Nethralaya Eye Hospital, Kothapet, Hyderabad from Oct 2019 to Sept 2021
- Consultant Ophthalmologist (Cornea, Cataract, Refractive) at Win Vision Hospital, Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad from Oct 2021 to Oct 2022.
- Her area of interest include management of corneal ectasias, ulcers, corneal transplantation (penetrating and lamellar keratoplasties), refractive surgeries and ocular surface disorders (dry eye management, chemical injuries, ocular allergies and ocular surface tumours).
- She is a certified surgeon experienced in both anterior and posterior lamellar keratoplasties.
Research and Designation Dr. Penugondla Pavani Murthy
- Ocular Spot Fluorometer Equipped with a Lock-In Amplifier for Measurement of Aqueous Flare – TVST, Dec 2018
- Corneal epithelial permeability to fluorescein in humans by a multi-drop method – Plos One, June 2018
- Bilateral Disciform Keratitis with Immune Corneal Ring in a Patient with HLA-B27 Positive Reactive Arthritis – Delhi Journal of Ophthalmology, May 2019
- Lamellar Cataract, Delhi Journal of Ophthalmology, Oct 2020
- Epithelial Ingrowth – islands in the clear sea, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, Dec 2020
- Was a part of Prevention of Corneal Blindness: a collaboration between Indiana University School of Optometry, Bloomington, USA and Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai under Obama-Singh Initiative grant. Conducted several studies on corneal epithelial permeability in keratoconus, epithelial permeability studies in patients on anti-glaucoma medications, corneal endothelial permeability studies for normative data calculation and in Fuchs endothelial dystrophy, aqueous flare measurement using a custom built ocular spot fluorometer.
- She has presented multiple papers and posters at national and international conferences
- Long-Term Outcome of Mucous Membrane Grafting for Lid Margin Keratinization in StevensJohnson Syndrome (SJS), APAO 2019 (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Measurement of Aqueous Flare Using a Confocal Ocular Spot Fluorometer, APAO 2018 (Hong Kong, China)
- Conjunctival Lymphoid Lesions: Benign or Malignant? , APAO 2018 (Hong Kong, China)
- Ocular spot fluorometer equipped with a lock-in amplifier for measurement of aqueous flare, ARVO 2018 (Hawaii, USA)
- Long term outcome of MMG in SJS, OSKON 2018 (Chennai, India)
- Spurious cases of scleritis, OSKON 2018 (Chennai, India)
- Poster - Mucous membrane grafting for lid margin keratinization in Stevens Johnson syndrome, OSKON 2018 (Chennai, India)
- Diagnosis of coexisting Keratoconus and Fuchs Endothelial Corneal Dystrophy, KERACON 2017 (Hyderabad, India)
- Poster - Measurements of aqueous flare objectively using an ocular fluorometer, ARV0 2017 (Baltimore, USA)
- Poster - Reevaluation of the epithelial permeability to fluorescein by the multi-drop method, ARV0 2017 (Baltimore, USA)
- Poster - Corneal epithelial permeability in patients on topical anti- glaucoma medications, ARV0 2017 (Baltimore, USA)
- Poster - Measurement of endothelial permeability to fluorescein with a Spot Fluorometer, ARV0 2017 (Baltimore, USA)