Refractive Eye Surgeries
What is Lasik & Refractive Eye Surgery
LASIK (Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis) is a minimally invasive refractive surgery that corrects common vision problems like myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and astigmatism, making it an excellent LASIK procedure. During the procedure, a precise laser reshapes the cornea, enabling light to focus directly onto the retina, thus eliminating the need for corrective eyewear. Patients often experience rapid visual recovery, minimal discomfort, and a significant improvement in their quality of life.
Beyond LASIK, our experts specialize in various laser refractive techniques tailored to individual needs, including PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy), SMILE LASIK, Contoura LASIK, and Femto LASIK. These procedures offer alternatives to traditional LASIK and are suitable for a wider range of patients, ensuring that we can provide the best solution for each unique case.
Our commitment to innovation is evident in our investment in state-of-the-art laser technology, ensuring the highest level of precision and safety in every refractive eye surgery we perform, including LASIK laser eye surgery. Moreover, our experienced team of refractive surgeons possesses a wealth of expertise, making Centre For Sight the trusted choice for those seeking freedom from glasses or contact lenses.
LASIK and refractive eye surgeries represent groundbreaking advancements in the field of ophthalmology, offering patients a life-changing opportunity to achieve clear vision without the need for glasses or contact lenses. At Centre For Sight, we are proud to provide these cutting-edge procedures, including LASIK treatment or laser operation for eyes, to help our patients experience the world with newfound clarity.
For those considering LASIK or laser eye surgery, we offer comprehensive consultations to determine the most suitable treatment plan, including the LASIK procedure cost. Whether you’re a candidate for LASIK, PRK, SMILE LASIK, Contoura LASIK, Femto LASIK, or another refractive surgery, you can trust us to deliver exceptional care and a transformative visual experience. At Centre For Sight, we are committed to helping you rediscover the world with clarity, precision, and confidence.
Types of Laser Refractive Eye Surgeries:
Centre For Sight offers a comprehensive range of laser refractive eye surgeries, each tailored to address specific vision issues and individual preferences. Here’s a brief overview of the different types of laser refractive eye surgeries available:
LASIK (Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis):
LASIK is the most well-known and widely performed refractive surgery. It reshapes the cornea to correct myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. LASIK offers rapid visual recovery and minimal discomfort.
PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy):
is an alternative to LASIK, particularly suitable for patients with thinner corneas. It involves the removal of the cornea’s outer layer before reshaping the underlying tissue with a laser.
SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction):
SMILE is a minimally invasive procedure that corrects myopia by creating a small incision within the cornea to extract a lenticule. It offers quick recovery and reduced risk of dry eye.
Similar to corneal topography guided LASIK, this procedure utilizes corneal topography to map irregularities in the cornea, allowing for precise corrections.
Phakic Intraocular Lens (IOL) Implantation:
Phakic IOLs are implanted in front of the natural lens to correct high refractive errors, such as extreme myopia or hyperopia, providing clear vision without removing the eye’s natural lens.
Each of these refractive eye surgeries offers unique benefits and is selected based on individual factors like corneal thickness, prescription, and patient preferences. At Centre For Sight, our experienced ophthalmologists work closely with patients to determine the most suitable procedure, ensuring the best possible visual outcomes and improved quality of life.
Benefits of Lasik Surgery
- Improved Vision: Refractive errors like nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism, can be corrected with LASIK, leading to clear vision without glasses or contacts.
- Minimal Discomfort: Use of numbing eye drops during the procedure, reducing discomfort.
- Reduced Dependency: Less reliance on glasses or contact lenses, providing more convenience in daily life.
- Short Procedure: The surgery itself is usually quick, taking around 15 minutes for both eyes.
- High Success Rate: LASIK has a high success rate, with most patients achieving their desired vision correction.
- Long-Lasting: Many patients experience long-term stability in their corrected vision post-surgery.
- Enhanced Quality of Life: Improved vision often leads to increased self-confidence and satisfaction in daily activities.
Who is eligible for LASIK surgery?
LASIK surgery is a transformative procedure that can liberate individuals from the hassle of glasses and contact lenses, but not everyone is an ideal candidate. Eligibility for LASIK depends on various factors related to health and also LASIK eye surgery cost. At Centre For Sight, we carefully assess each patient to determine their suitability for the procedure.
Candidates for LASIK typically meet the following criteria:
- Age: Most LASIK candidates are between the ages of 18 and 40. While LASIK can be performed on older individuals, younger patients often have more stable vision.
- Stable Vision: Eligible candidates should have stable vision for at least one year, meaning their prescription has not significantly changed during this period.
- Healthy Eyes: Candidates should have healthy eyes with no underlying eye conditions or diseases, such as glaucoma, cataracts, or severe dry eye syndrome.
- Corneal Thickness: A sufficient corneal thickness is crucial for LASIK. Thinner corneas may make other procedures like PRK more suitable.
- Refractive Error: LASIK effectively corrects nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism. The degree of refractive error plays a role in determining candidacy.
- General Health: Candidates should be in good overall health, free from conditions that may affect the healing process or immune response.
- Pregnancy and Nursing: LASIK is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women, as hormonal changes can temporarily alter vision.
- Stable Prescription: A stable eyeglass for at least 6 months is a mandatory prerequisite for undergoing a refractive procedure.
Why Choose Centre for Sight For LASIK?
When it comes to LASIK eye surgery, Centre for Sight is the smart choice for several great reasons. First off, our team of eye experts is top-notch, you can trust you’re in capable hands. We use the latest world-class technology to ensure the safest and most effective procedures, so you can say goodbye to glasses or contacts with confidence.
Here’s the best part – we believe that everyone deserves clear vision, and that’s why we offer affordable prices and payment plans that fit your budget. We understand how important your vision is, and we want to make sure you can get the best care.
Choosing Centre For Sight for LASIK or other refractive procedures means choosing a team that cares about you and your vision. Let us help you see the world more clearly, without the hassle of glasses or contacts. Your journey to better vision starts here at Centre for Sight.
What are the risks associated with Lasik laser eye surgery or Lasik surgery?
Risks associated with Lasik laser eye surgery (Lasik surgery) are:
● Dry eyes
● Complaints of glare, double vision, and halos
● Under Corrections
● Flap-related issues
● Vision loss or changes
Is Lasik surgery procedure painful?
The procedure for Lasik surgery is performed with topical drop anaesthesia and is almost painless. Patients can walk in and out of the operation theatre in a few minutes. Centre for Sight provides one of the best laser eye surgeries in India.
What if laser eye surgery goes incorrect?
Albeit rarely so, but if the laser removes too much/too little tissue from your eye, you will not get clear vision results you were hoping for. A repeat Lasik surgery procedure can correct this after the eye heals fully.
How much time does it take to have a clear vision post Lasik laser eye surgery or Lasik surgery?
Most of the blurriness goes away by about the next day, though the clarity gradually increases over a couple of days after the Lasik surgery procedure. Call us to know anything about the best laser eye surgery.
Aftercare and recovery post Lasik laser eye surgery (Lasik surgery)
• Cover your eyes with dark glasses just after the surgery is done. It will prevent you from inadvertently rubbing your eyes.
• Your eyes will be re-examined before you leave to ensure that the flaps are fine.
• Arrange someone to take you home as immediate driving is not advised.
• Take eye-drops and follow, do/don’ts as advised by the doctor.
• Do visit the doctor as you will be reviewed soon (a day or two) after surgery and periodically after that. Your vision will be evaluated, and corneal shape measured.
Why can Lasik laser eye surgery (Lasik surgery) be better than contact lenses?
Lasik laser eye surgery (Lasik surgery) can be better than contact lenses in the number of ways:
● Lasik laser vision correction provides a long-term solution to the problem, whereas contact lenses offer a temporary way to live with the refractive error. Also, the long term cost-benefit ratio also gets skewed towards even the most expensive form of Refractive surgery than contact lenses.
● Laser vision correction procedures allow people to see without any visual aids, whereas contact lenses need to be maintained, replaced, and taken care of in general.
● Contact lenses increase the risk of eye infections and corneal ulcers, while LASIK doesn’t come along with these risks.
Can you blink during LASIK surgery?
During the surgery, Lasik laser eye specialists put a speculum on the eyes to prevent blinking. Your eyes are anaesthetized before the surgery and then prevented from blinking or closing with the help of a speculum.
Can I watch TV or use mobile phone post-Lasik laser eye surgery or post-Lasik surgery?
Post-LASIK laser eye surgery (Post LASIK Surgery), you can watch TV or use a mobile phone, but you will feel uncomfortable for the first few days. It may be better to initially restrict viewing hours basis your comfort and doctor’s advice.
Can I see immediately after Lasik laser eye surgery?
Yes, you can see post-LASIK surgery, but the vision will be blurred it clears up within hours.
Can I bathe after the Lasik surgery procedure?
Yes, but it is advised to take a below-the-neck bath after Lasik surgery. Laser operation for eyes is sensitive; hence all precautions should be taken so that the patient gets the expected results.
When is Lasik eye surgery procedure not recommended?
Certain health conditions increase the risk of the laser eye surgery procedure. Eye specialists won’t recommend Lasik eye surgery if you have:
● Any autoimmune disorder
● A weak immune system
● Dry eyes for a long time
● Eyelid disorders, eye injuries, inflammation of the cornea
● Recent changes in vision due to pregnancy, hormonal changes, medications, etc.
What is Contoura Lasik?
Contoura LASIK is also a type of laser eye operation that is very useful in corneas with high irregularity.
● It has gained popularity for the reasons that it does not use any blades during the procedure, just as in Femto Lasik or Lasik procedures.
● It uses an all-laser technique.
● It may offer some advantage in irregular corneas for personalizing the treatment.
● It however requires the creation of a corneal flap, and is not a flapless
How to choose for the best Lasik surgery in India?
You can choose for the best Lasik surgery in India by doing a check on a few things, like:
● Research online about services, ratings, testimonials, etc., before setting your mind for Lasik eye operation.
● Check for the facilities and services offered by the hospital for Lasik eye operation.
● Look for the years of experience of the doctor and the hospital, both for Lasik eye operation.
● Take feedback from the people who have already successfully undergone surgery Lasik eye operation. Centre for Sight is proud to be associated with a highly competent and experienced set of eye surgeons at our different locations in India. We offer Lasik eye surgery in Delhi, Indore, Jaipur, Hyderabad & Patna, amongst many other centres for your eye care.