Dr. Subhrangshu Sengupta
Specialties of Dr. Subhrangshu Sengupta
Qualification of Dr. Subhrangshu Sengupta
- MBBS (Hons)
- FRCS (Glasgow)
- PhD (Ophthalmology
- Area of Specialization - Glaucoma)
- Medical Retina & Lasers
Experience of Dr. Subhrangshu Sengupta
1. Cataract Surgery including Phaco and Femto Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery with Premium IOLs
2. Medical Management of Retinal Disorders (like Diabetic Eye Disease) and all types of Retinal Lasers
3. LASIK including FemtoLASIK
4. Neuro Ophthalmology and Medial Management of Glaucoma
5. General and Community Ophthalmology
6. Investigator for multiple Multicentric International Clinical Trials (including USFDA approved trial) involving drugs for glaucoma, ocular allergy and dry eye diseases.
7. Reviewer of Ophthalmology Journals.
Research and Designation Dr. Subhrangshu Sengupta
"I. Presently, Consultant Ophthalmologist at Centre For Sight, Kolkata II. Formerly, Consultant Ophthalmologist and Medical Superintendent, B B Eye Foundation, Kolkata III. Publications :
1. Paul C, Sengupta S, Banerjee S, Choudhury S. Angle closure glaucoma in rural and urban populations in eastern India—The Hooghly River Glaucoma Study. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2018 Aug;66(9):1285-90.
2. Paul C, Sengupta S, Choudhury S, Banerjee S, Sleath BL. Prevalence of Glaucoma in Eastern India: The Hooghly River Glaucoma Study. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2016; 64(8):578-83.
3. Sengupta S, Bhaduri G, Datta H. Clinical Evaluation of Optic Nerve Head Parameters In A Rural and Urban Population in West Bengal. International Journal of Innovative Research and Development. 2013;2:99-101. Available at: < http://www.ijird.com/index.php/ijird/article/view/43785/35206>. Date
accessed: 17 Jan 2014.
4. Sengupta S, Banerji S. Prevalence of dry eye diseases in a rural and urban population in West Bengal and the role of air pollution. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology (IOSR-JESTFT). E-ISSN: 2319-2402, p- ISSN: 2319-2399.Volume 8, Issue 6 Ver. III
(Jun. 2014), PP 45-50.
5. Sengupta S, Bhaduri G, Datta H. Frequency Doubling Technology Perimetry and Central Corneal Thickness in people with high intraocular pressures and normal discs. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS). E-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861. Volume 12, Issue 3 (Nov.- Dec. 2013), PP 09-12
6. Paul C, Sengupta S, Paul A. Comparison of phacoemulsification versus phacotrabeculectomy in the treatment of patients with chronic angle closure glaucoma and concomitant cataract. J Clin Ophthalmol Res 2014;2:93-8
7. Sengupta, S. Analysis of Difference In Central Macular Thickness By Oct In Normal, Glaucoma Suspects And Glaucomatous Patients And Establishing Whether Asymmetry In Horizontal Macular Hemifield Thickness (MHT) Can Detect Early Glaucoma. International Journal of Innovative Research and Development, [S.l.], oct. 2013. Available at:
8. Sengupta S, Biswas P, Paul C, Paul A. Retinal nerve fibre layer thickness by OCT3 provides direct assessment of axonal loss in optic neuritis and may help in the early diagnosis and progression analysis of multiple sclerosis. J Clin Ophthalmol Res 2013;1:137-42.
9. Biswas P, Sengupta S, Paul A, Kochgaway L, Biswas S. Descemet's tear due to injector cartridge tip deformity. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2012 May-Jun;60(3):218-20.
10. Mukherjee R, Chaudhury K, Das S, Sengupta S, Biswas P. Posterior capsular opacification and intraocular lens surface micro-roughness characteristics: an atomic force microscopy study. Micron. 2012 Sep; 43(9):937-47.
11. Biswas P, Sengupta S, Choudhary R, Home S, Paul A, Sinha S. Comparative role of intravitreal ranibizumab versus bevacizumab in choroidal neovascular membrane in age-related macular degeneration. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2011 May-Jun; 59(3):191-6.
12. Biswas P, Sengupta S, Choudhary R, Home S, Paul A, Sinha S. Comparing ranibizumab with bevacizumab. Ophthalmology. 2011;118(3):600-600.e2.
13. “Five year study confirms Retinal nerve fibre layer loss is the earliest structural evidence of Primary Open Angle Glaucoma” published in the November 2010 (Annual) issue of the Bengal Ophthalmic Journal.
14. Author of brief review on “Treatment options in age related macular degeneration” published in the November 2010 issue of The Eastern Eye, the official Journal of the EIZOC.
15. Co-author of update on dry eye disorders published in the 2009 Inaugural issue of The Eastern Eye, the official Journal of the EIZOC."
Awards and Recognition Dr. Subhrangshu Sengupta
"1. Winner of Dr B K Mitra Memorial Award (The Highest Award of the 47th Annual Conference of Ophthalmological Society of West Bengal[OSWB], 2016) and for paper titled “Progression of Hydroxychloroquine Toxicity after its Discontinuation”. This paper also qualified for the “Best of States” section for the Annual Conference of All India Ophthalmological Society, 2018.
2. Winner of Smt Satya Rani Hajra Memorial Award (45th Annual Conference of Ophthalmological Society of West Bengal [OSWB], 2014) and Dr Ranjan Ray Young Ophthalmologist Award (7th Annual Conference of the Kolkata Academy of Ophthalmology [KAO], 2015) for paper titled “Analysing Frequency Doubling Perimetry changes and CCT in people with high IOP and normal discs”.
3. First Author and Presenter of paper titled “Retinal Nerve Fibre Layer Thickness provides direct assessment of axonal loss in Optic Neuritis. ”This paper won the Best Paper Award (Dr K P Roy Memorial Award). This paper was also selected for presentation in the Annual Conferences of AIOS (Cochin, 2012) and APAO (Busan).
4. Co Author of paper titled “Bacterial adhesion depends on the surface roughness of intra ocular lens” (FP 1389). This paper was declared the BEST PAPER in the Inflammation Section and subsequently won the Col Rangachari Award for 2011.
5. Winner of the Best Paper Award at the joint Annual Meeting of the EIZOC and the Orissa State Conference held in Bhubaneswar in November 2010 for presenting paper titled “Comparison of corneal endothelial cell loss between PC IOL insertion under HPMC versus RL in phacoemulsification”.
6. Co-author of video titled “Writing the Nano Levels” selected for presentation in the Annual Conference of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, 2010 held in Chicago. This video also won the Best Video Award (Smt. Sovabati Das Ghosh Memorial Award) at the XLI Annual Conference of OSWB held in Behrampore in November 2010. This video was also selected as one of the Top 5 Videos at the 69th Annual Conference of the All India Ophthalmological Society, 2011 in Ahmedabad.
7. Secured the FIRST PRIZE in the AIOS EYE QUIZ 2010.
8. Presented paper titled “Comparative Role of Intravitreal Ranibizumab Vs Bevacizumab in CNVM due to ARMD” in the Annual Conference of Kolkata Academy of Ophthalmology held in December 2009 and won the “BEST PAPER “ Award."