Dr. Pradeep Sharma
Specialties of Dr. Pradeep Sharma
Qualification of Dr. Pradeep Sharma
- MBBS (AIIMS) December, 1979
- MD (Ophthalmology, AIIMS) December, 1982
- MAMS (Member National Academy of Medical Sciences, India) 1995
- FAMS (Fellow National Academy of Medical Sciences, India) 2007.
- Fellowship for Advanced training in Strabismus in USA by International Strabismological Association, 2001, at Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA; Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA; and Richmond Eye Hospital , Richmond, VA, April – September 2001
Experience of Dr. Pradeep Sharma
- Ex Professor and Head of Strabismus, Pediatric Ophthalmology and Neuro-ophthalmology , at RP Centre, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Advanced Strabismus Fellowship of International Strabismological Association at Jules Stein,UCLA, CA, Wills Eye, Philadelphia, PA and Richmond Eye, Richmond VA (2001)
- First asian to be invited to deliver Knapp Memorial Lecture by AAPOS, Vancouver Canada."
Research and Designation Dr. Pradeep Sharma
- Over 200 scientific articles in National and International journals or chapters in books
- Section Editor Strabismus and Neuro-ophthalmolgy, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, 2008-till date
- Reviewer for the International Journals Ophthalmology (AAO), BJO, JAAPOS and Strabismus.
- Books authored:
- Strabismus Simplified, CBS Publishers, New Delhi, 1999, 2013
- Essentials of Ophthalmology, Top Medical Publishers New Delhi, 2000.2012
- Over 200 scientific presentations at Regional, National and International Conferences.
- Supervision of 75 MD Ophthalmology Thesis and one DM dissertation in Neurology.
- ICMR project on Nystagmus: Chief Investigator 2005-2007
Memberships of Scientific Societies:
1. International Member of American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
2. International Member of International Strabismological Association.
3. Life member: All India Ophthalmological Society, Strabismological Society of India, National Society for Prevention of Blindness- India, Delhi Ophthalmic Society,
4. Past Secretary, Vice President and Editor Journal, Strabismological Society of India.
5. Joint Secretary, NSPB-India,1999-2002
6. Chairman, FAICO Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Section,2011-till date.
7. Vice President: Ophthalmic Research Association, RPC, AIIMS since 2012.
8. Member Communications Committee of International Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Council
9. President of Strabismus and Pediatric Ophthalmology Society of India 2018-19.