Dr. Dinesh Talwar
Specialties of Dr. Dinesh Talwar
Qualification of Dr. Dinesh Talwar
- MBBS, MD ( Ophthalmology )
Experience of Dr. Dinesh Talwar
-Dr. Dinesh Talwar has extensive independent experience in medical ( includes lasers and intravitreal injections ) and surgical management of vitreoretinal disorders including simple rhegmatogenous retinal detachments and complicated retinal detachments with severe proliferative vitreoretinopathy, complications of Diabetes mellitus and retinal vascular disorders including vitreous hemorrhage due to Diabetes mellitus or Eales’ disease with associated traction or combined traction-rhegmatogenous detachments and traumatic retinal detachment, of over Three decades.
-Dr. Dinesh Talwar has a special interest in surgical management of postoperative and post traumatic endophthalmitis.
Research and Designation Dr. Dinesh Talwar
Designation : Senior Consultant Ophthalmology andSenior Specialist,Vitreoretinal and Uveal Disorders
CHIEF CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
Vitreo Retinal Surgery for Retinal detachment, Vitreous hemorrhage, posterior segment trauma, Endophthalmitis and Ocular Tuberculosis
CHIEF CLINICAL & RESEARCH INTERESTS
Completed Research Projects in subjects of RezInterests ( including as guide for Theses for Postgraduate students at Dr. RP Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, New Delhi ):26
Involved in Editing Two Books (Community Ophthalmology : An Indian Perspective &
Assessment Strategies in Ophthalmology : A Panoramic View) and have written 17 Chapters in Books.
Dr. Talwar has over 30 Publications in peer reviewed International journal (including Brit. J. Ophthal., Acta Ophthalmologica, Can. J. Ophthal., Ann. Ophthalmol. )and >40 articles in various National journals and newsletters. He has also made over 150 presentations in various conferences in India and abroad.
Awards and Recognition of Dr. Dinesh Talwar
- Prof. Dr. Mohammad Daud Khan Oration of the SAARC Academy of Ophthalmologyat its Biennial Conference in Kathmandu in June 2018
- Sadguru Medal for Outstanding service towards Ophthalmic Education andTeaching in India by the Shri Sadguru Seva Sangh Trust in 2018
- Dr. P Siva Reddy Oration by All India Ophthalmological Society for theYear 2004 in recognition of outstanding Contribution to Ophthalmology.
- Best Paper Presentation for Paper entitled “Role of Photodynamic Therapyin Chronic CSCR: A Retrospective Study” by Avnindra Gupta, Lalit Verma,Dinesh Talwar, HK Tewari at the Vitreo Retina Session held at the AnnualConference of the All India Ophthalmological Society Held in Kolkotta,February 25-28 2016.
- Third Prize in Poster Session for poster entitled “Subconjunctival Granulomaafter Intravitreal injection of Bevacizumab (Avastin) and Ranibizumab (Lucentis)” by Dinesh Talwar, Avnindra Gupta, Lalit Verma, Shefali Gupta, MadhuBhoot, HK Tewari at 10th AMD & Retina Congress in Lugano, Switzerland 29th-30thOctober 2010.
- A.C. Agarwal Trophy for Best Paper by Delhi Ophthalmological Society(DOS) 2000, 1997 (Co-author) and 1994 (Presenter).
- Dr. R.N. Roy Memorial best paper award by Indian Public Health Association.
- IIIrd Position in All India Senior School's Certificate Examination1979 (XIIth Standard)
- IInd Position in All India Secondary School Examination 1977.( Xth Standard)
- Treasurer, Delhi Ophthalmological Society from April 2005-2007.
- Co-Organising Secretary, 61st All India Ophthalmological Society AnnualConference held in New Delhi in January 2003.
- Member, Managing Committee of All India Ophthalmological Society asDOS Representative to AIOS.
- Secretary, Delhi Ophthalmological Society (1999 – 2001 )
- Joint Secretary, Delhi Ophthalmological Society (1997-99)
- Editor, DOS and of VISISCAN, Journal of Delhi Ophthalmological Society(1995-97)