When contact lenses and glasses become trouble in your everyday life, that is the time when you seriously need to consider for a better alternative. If you wish to have a clear vision once again, then Lasik laser eye surgery is the perfect solution. Laser treatment for eyes is the most innovative technology that treats common types of refractive errors. These refractive errors are farsightedness (hyperopia), nearsightedness (myopia) and astigmatism. Lasik laser eye surgery is a highly successful approach to improve your vision permanently.
Let us understand the types of refractive errors:
People who have myopia tend to see distant objects blurry and near objects to be clearer. This happens because of the mismatch in focusing power and eye length.
It is a common vision problem in which people see distant objects clearly, but objects nearby may be blurry. This condition is also known as farsightedness.
This happens when the cornea flattens or curves unevenly. It disrupts the focus of both near and distant vision. Many people suffer from a combination of myopia, hyperopia with astigmatism.
It refers to long-sightedness caused by the loss of elasticity of eye lens generally occurring in the middle & old age. It is also called the ‘Aging Eye’ condition.
When doctors will not recommend laser treatment for your eyes
Certain health conditions increase the risks associated with Lasik laser surgery or make its outcome less predictable. These conditions can be:
- If the person is suffering from some autoimmune disorder, like rheumatoid arthritis
- A weak immune system
- Recent changes in vision due to hormonal changes, pregnancy, breast-feeding, age or medications
- Persistent complaints of dry eyes
- Lid disorders, eye injuries, inflammation of the cornea, eye diseases etc
Risks associated with Lasik laser eye surgery
- Dry eyes
- Complaints of glare, double vision, and halos
- Flap-related issues
- Vision loss or changes
Is Lasik surgery painful?
The Lasik procedure is performed with topical drop anesthesia and is almost painless. Patients can walk in and out of the operation theatre in a few minutes.
What if laser eye surgery goes incorrect?
If the laser removes too much/too little tissue from your eye, you would not get clear vision results you were hoping for. This can be corrected by a repeat procedure after the eye heals fully.
How much time does it take to have a clear vision post Lasik laser eye surgery?
Most of the blurriness goes away by about the next day, though the clarity gradually increases over a couple of weeks.
Aftercare and recovery post Lasik laser eye surgery
- Cover your eyes with dark glasses just after the surgery is done. It will prevent you from inadvertently rubbing your eyes.
- Your eyes will be re-examined before you leave to ensure that the flaps are fine.
- Arrange someone to take you home as immediate driving is not advised.
- Take eye-drops and follow, do/don’ts as advised by the doctor.
- Do visit the doctor as you will be reviewed soon (a day or two) after surgery and periodically after that. Your vision will be evaluated and corneal shape measured.
At Centre for Sight, we have got the best Lasik and refractive specialists who work with state-of-the-art technology to provide the willing with a glass-free and clear vision. The Lasik & SMILE technologies are available at our Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Agra, Meerut, Moradabad hospitals.