The most prominent measure used to correct the problem of eye weakness is a pair of spectacles. Use of corrective eyeglasses helps to regain the lost vision. However, the use of prescriptive glasses is not a permanent solution to the problem of weak eyesight. Nonetheless, wearing spectacles helps to deal with the problem, effectively. Be that as it may, the fact is that the use of eyeglasses can be very troublesome at times. The issues involved with the use of eyeglasses often make it less desirable. In certain scenarios, wearing eyeglasses can often leave us helpless to perform a task or enjoy an activity of a specific nature. For instance, the fun involved in watching a 3D movie with the glasses on is flimsy. On the other hand, to manage the spectacles every now and then while playing a sport can be really annoying. Nevertheless, there are various other problems as well which only people wearing glasses can understand.
- Choosing the Right Glasses Prescriptive eyeglasses are available in numerous types. Ranging from anti-glare spectacles to separate reading glasses, the types of eyeglasses often causes a dilemma while choosing a suitable pair of eyeglasses. Thus, it turns out to be trouble for people. Besides that, choosing the lens which makes a person see most appropriately is no less than a quiz too.
- Keeping the Glasses Clean The lenses of the eyeglasses are prone to catch stain and dust very quickly. Therefore, they require frequent cleaning. Otherwise, the use of dusty and blurry eyeglasses can further aggravate eye strain. It causes excessive eye strain and may lead to a headache. Thus, for a person wearing eyeglasses – it is always required to carry along a soft lens cloth and prescriptive cleaning solution.
- Uneasiness During Outdoor Activities With a pair of eyeglasses on, it can get really difficult to play a messy football game or try hitchhiking. Unfortunately, if a person wears glasses and can’t see without them, adventure sports are just not meant for him.
- Eye Care in the Summer Season Mostly, people who wear prescription glasses are wary of the summer season. As a matter of fact, it gets difficult to adapt to the scorching sun without being able to use sunglasses. However, the use of prescribed sunglasses or photochromic lens can rectify the problem. Nonetheless, these alternatives turn out to be a little expensive.
- Swimming & Water Sports Swimming or water sports is a dream for people who wear glasses. They can wear Swimming goggles with a prescription but these goggles are very costly. So, the best & most effective solution is Lasik surgery that results in alteration of vision and provides a clear vision.
- Tips to Wear Eyeglasses with Ease Even with the problems, a pair of eyeglasses is still the most hassle-free and cost-effective solution for the prevailing eye problems. You might still have to carry on with the eyeglasses. Hence, it for sure is a good idea to learn to live with glasses. Find out how you can live an easy life with eyeglasses.While giving your glasses proper cleaning, use prescriptive cleaning solution instead of cleansers made of alcohol, vinegar, ammonia, or bleach. These chemicals wear off the protective layer of the lenses. Or else use dishwashing liquid to clean your glasses and dry them with microfiber fabric.
- Store Eyeglasses with Care When not in use, place your eyeglasses carefully in their case to protect them from dust and dirt. Besides that, it saves them from the risk of scratching, bending or breaking, too. To make the eyeglasses storage convenient, always carry the case with you. Additionally, never place your glasses lens-side down to catch accidental scratches.
- Eyeglasses for Eyes, not Head Avoid keeping your eyeglasses over your head. It might stretch out their earpieces. Other than that, natural oils present in the hair and scalp smudge the lenses.
- Right Way to Hold Use both your hands to remove the eyeglasses. Removing them carelessly with one hand can tamper the shape of the spectacles. While cleaning the glasses, the right trick is to hold them from the middle in order to prevent bending. Because the improper shape of the frame may affect your eyes adversely. And, skewed glasses may feel a little uncomfortable too.
- Eyeglasses Care in Summer Season During summer, avoid keeping your glasses on car’s dashboard where they have likely chances to come in direct exposure to sunlight. It alters the shape of plastic frames as well as the lenses. Better store your glasses in the glove compartment of your car after placing them first in their case.
- Choosing the Right Frames For the wide-spaced eyes, frames with a thick or noticeable bridge suit better. This frame type can make the eyes look closer to each other while drawing attention to the middle of the face. Frames with details on the outer edge suit well to close-set eyes. Since they make the space between the eyes look wider.
Conclusion Eyeglasses give an easy solution against common eye problems. Getting used to with them can be a little troublesome, initially. Nonetheless, once you get the grip on your eyeglasses with necessary care and attention, they continuously ward your eyes with the shield of perfect vision.