An individual’s vision is one of the most sensitive and vital senses that they possess. It is essential to keep your eyes healthy, protected and in the best condition possible. Yet, millions of people across the world suffer from eye related problem, impairing their vision. The severity of these problems can range from simple headaches to complete blindness. In the case of eyesight problems too, prevention is better thancure. There are many simple ways to avoid vision related troubles, a better solution than expensive treatments that are needed later on. Here are 5 simple tips to keep your vision sharp:
- Correct Nutrition
The correct nourishment and nutrition are one of the basic needs of maintaining the healthy condition of your body. The same goes for maintaining healthy eyesight. Some of the foods that significantly contribute to keeping your vision sharp are-
- Vegetables like carrots, red peppers, spinach, kale, broccoli, corn and sweet Potato
- Strawberries, oranges and other citrus fruits along with dry-fruits
- Salmon, tuna and fish oil capsules.
- Wear Sunglasses Outdoors Direct exposure to too much sun can also be damaging to your eyes and vision. Beingunder ultraviolet rays for longer durations without proper protection is known to increase the possibility of cataracts and macular degeneration in the eye. Try to always wear sunglasses when out in the sun or even use hats to prevent direct UV rays entering your eyes. Read Also: Choosing the right Sunglasses
- Rest Your Eyes One of the rapidly growing reasons for vision problems is eyes not getting enough rest. The main contributor to this problem is the increased time spent on mobile phones, laptops, tabs and television screens. Reduce your screen time and rest your eyes from the digital strain these devices cause. An easy way to do so is by following the 20-20-20 rule. After every 20 mins of staring at a screen, look at something else at a 20 feet distance for 20 seconds.
- Use Protective Eyewear Many professional jobs and personal tasks require that you wear protective eyewear, it is best to heed these guidelines. Whether it is dealing with chemicals, hazardous particles in the air, woodworking, soldering, construction work or some sports that could harm your eyes, wearing protective eyewear for all these is very important. Protective eye gear could be goggles, face masks, helmets etc. as per the requirement of the task you are participating in.
- Regular Eye Check-Up After all the precaution and positive steps that one can take in caring for their eyes and improving their vision, the next logical step is to test whether everything is working fine. Regular eye check-ups with an ophthalmologist can help you keep a record of your eye health and whether any corrective measures need to be taken for improving your vision. Your eyes are not only a necessary part of the natural life that you lead, but they also let you experience a lot of beauty in this world. Take good care of them to continue this carefree and healthy existence. Keep updated about the status of your vision and take the appropriate steps to make sure that it stays sharp.