Dr. Mamta Kumari Vadhel
Specialties of Dr. Mamta Kumari Vadhel
Qualification of Dr. Mamta Kumari Vadhel
- MBBS (2002-2008)
- MS Ophthalmology (2009-2012)
- DNB Ophthalmology (2013)
- FVRS (Fellowship in Vitreo-Retinal Surgery-Mumbai)
- FICO (UK - London)
- Ocular Oncology fellowship (USA)
Experience of Dr. Mamta Kumari Vadhel
- Dr. Mamta Kumari Vadhel has experience of more than 13 years post MBBS.
- She has attained expertise in the latest vitreo- retinal surgical techniques and has an excellent clinical acumen. she is an expert in the surgical and medical management of most of the retinal diseases.
- She is also trained in managing ROP babies (i.e Retinopathy of Prematurity) and ocular oncology patients.
- She is a proficient cataract surgeon as well. She does latest minimally invasive cataract surgery (MICS-Phacoemulsification] under topical anaesthesia.
- She has teaching experience of more than 7 years, where she has conducted lectures for undergraduates, postgraduates, optometrists and parameds. She has also been a thesis guide of an optometry student.
Research and Designation Dr. Mamta Kumari Vadhel
- Senior VR Consultant at Shivam eye foundation, Navi Mumbai (2020-2022)
- Consultant in Ophthalmology department BARC hospital, Trombay (2021-2022)
- VR consultant at Contacare Eye Hospitals Vashi and Mulund (2017-2020)
- VR consultant at Vasan Eye Care, Vashi (2015-2017)
- Fellowship done in Ocular Oncology - Wills Eye Hospital, USA (2017-2018)
- Fellow in VR surgeries at KBHB Eye Hospital, Mumbai. (2013-2015)
- Registrar in Bandra Bhabha Hospital, Mumbai (2012-2013)
- An international research paper , Topic - The 5-year experience of IAC in the IVITC era which was published in “Ocular Oncology and Pathology” Journal in 2018.
- Largest study on incidences of ROP and APROP in western India in 2016.
- Thesis work done in 2012 where various uses of Nd-YAG laser in assorted ophthalmic conditions .
- Thesis work done in 2012 showing series of cases with ocular trauma and its management in rural areas.
Awards and Recognition of Dr. Mamta Kumari Vadhel
- She has contributions in various national and international peer-reviewed journals.
- She was the youngest ophthalmologist in India to implant eye-max Mono IOL in an ARMD patient (in 2019)
- Won Dr. Kumud Joshi award in Free Post Graduate Paper presented on “Study and evaluation of PCO rates in context with different IOL material and surgical methods” at 35th Annual Conference of MP State Ophthalmic Society – October 2011, Indore
- Awarded best paper in free paper presented on “evaluation of Nd YAG laser in selected ophthalmic conditions” as a co-author at 35th Annual Conference of MP State Ophthalmic Society – October 2011, Indore
- Awarded best paper in UVEA INDIAN SOCIETY on - prevalence of tubercular vasculitis in India- 2015.
- Committee member in introducing the drug EYELEA (Aflibercept) in India in 2016.
- Awarded fellowship by International council of ophthalmology in Ocular Oncology - under the mentorship of renowned Dr. Carol Shields, Wills eye hospital USA.