Job Title:Staff Nurse
Experience: 6 months – 5 year professional nursing. Experience in an eye hospital will be an asset.
Education: Diploma /Degree in Nursing (GNM/B.Sc)
Registration: Valid State Registered Nursing License.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice
- Knowledge of human physical and psycho-social needs.
- Ability to apply nursing techniques as directed to patient care situations under the guidance of a medical practitioner.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions in detail.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and react quickly and efficiently in crisis situations.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, charts, and reports.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of medical/non - medical staff.
- Good communication skills.
- Assist surgeons in performing surgeries.
- Instrument cleaning, Autoclaving & ETO.
- Ensuring proper calibration of equipment & repair in case of breakdown.
- Ensuring filling up of consumable sheet.
- Ensuring physical verification of the stock.
- Ensuring the washing of soiled linen as per HIC policy.
- Ensuring segregation of waste in pre-defined colour-coded bags.
- Taking care of pre-operative & post-operative patients.
- Giving medication to pre-operative & post-operative patients.
- Recording vitals.
- Assisting in case of emergencies.