Specialities of Dr. Vikas Veerwal
Qualification of Dr. Vikas Veerwal
- MBBS, MS (Ophthalmology), DNB (Ophthalmology), FICO (U.K), FLVPEI (Cornea and anterior segment, Hyderabad)
Experience of Dr. Vikas Veerwal
- After finishing his post graduation in Ophthalmology from the prestigious Maulana Azad Medical college in Delhi, Dr. Vikas Veerwal worked as Senior resident in Guru Nanak Eye Centre, Delhi. He then pursued his fellowship in Cornea, cataract and refractive surgery from the esteemed LV Prasad Eye Institute at Hyderabad. He also worked as faculty at LV Prasad eye institute, Visakhapatnam
- With over 8 years of experience in Ophthalmology, Dr Vikas excels in advanced cataract surgery techniques (including Femto-Cataract and MICS- Micro-incision cataract surgery), refractive surgeries (including ICL, SMILE, LASIK, PRK) as well as all corneal procedures. He has performed more than 300 corneal transplants and has immense experience in all forms of advanced corneal surgeries like DALK, DSAEK and DMEK. Keratoconus and corneal ectasia has been his key areas of interest.
Research and Designation of Dr. Vikas Veerwal
- Dr Vikas has published in multiple national and international journals
- He has more than 10 publications to his name
- He has presented multiple research papers at various national and international forums. He has presented his work at the prestigious American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) annual meeting twice and has had multiple presentations at All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS) annual conference as well as various state level conferences.
Awards and Recognition of Dr. Vikas Veerwal
- Winner of Dr V.K. Kalra memorial trophy for quiz winners at the 67th Annual Delhi Ophthalmological Society (DOS) conference 2016.
- Awarded Best Paper for presentation in 68th annual DOS conference, 2017