Specialties of Dr. Hema Rawal
Qualification of Dr. Hema Rawal
- MBBS,MS, DNB, FRCS(U.K), FNB(RETINA-LVPEI)
Experience of Dr. Hema Rawal
- Dr. Hema Rawal has graduated from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, AMU, Aligarh, India(1994) and done her MS from Army Hospital Research& Referral, New Delhi (Delhi University1996-1999). She then did her DNB (Ophthalmology) in 1999, Basic Sciences assessment in ophthalmology from International council of ophthalmology in 2000, FRCS (Glasgow) from Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow, UK, FNB (topped the all india FNB entrance exam 2004) - Vitreo Retina, L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India, Clinical fellow - Vitreoretina, Western Eye hospital, Imperial College NHS trust, London
- Dr. Rawal is proficient in Medical, Diagnostic & Surgical Retina. She has vast experience of treating all kinds of medical retinal disorders and doing vitreoretina surgeries.She has underwent Vitreo-retina training from the prestigious L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad; Phacoemulsification training from ICARE Eye hospital & Post Graduate institute, Noida; Contact lens training from Venu Eye Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi and Short-term training in Anterior segment from R P Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Senior Consultant Vitreoretina Centre for Sight, New Delhi (March 2010 onwards) She has previously worked as Vitreo Retina Fellow at Western Eye Hospital,St Mary's Hospital NHS trust, Imperial College London; Speciality Doctor in ophthalmology at Great Western Hospital, Swindon & Marlborough NHS trust; done Observership in Vitreo-retina at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London; Consultant Vitreo-retina at Venu Eye Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi; Retina fellow (long Term) at LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad; Eye specialist at Charak Palika Hospital, NDMC, Moti Bagh, New Delhi; Eye surgeon at Lok Kalyan Samiti Eye Hospital, New Delhi.
Research and Designation Dr. Hema Rawal
July 2005 - Presentation of Research paper on Outcome of Combination therapy of photodynamic therapy & intravitreal triamicinolone for subfoveal choroidal neovascularization at 14th annual meeting of Indian Eye Research Group
2004-2006 Research Project for FNB Retina - Patterns of eye diseases in self reported diabetics as compared to non diabetics in a tertiary eye care centre in southern India
1998-2000 – Thesis: Awarded Senior Research Fellowship by Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, India on Thyroid Ophthalmopathy in Defense Forces Hospital, New Delhi, India
Awards and Recognition of Dr. Hema Rawal
- Dr. Rawal has many publications to her name and is an active participant in presentations at various conferences and events in India & abroad.
- All India topper of FNB entrance exam 2004) - Vitreo- Retina
- Awarded Senior Research Fellowship by Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, India