- Allow kids to choose the frame they like.
- Opt for plastic frames for children less than 2 years of age.
- Ensure spring hinges on metal frames
- Use elastic strap attached to the glasses for children or toddlers
- High-index lenses (thinner and lighter than plastic lenses) are for children with severe eye problems
- Polycarbonate lenses are suitable for kids who play sports. Such lenses are tough and shatter-proof.
*The views expressed here are solely those of the author in his private capacity and do not in any way represent the views of Centre for Sight.