“Keep your eyes open and your feet moving forward. You’ll find what you need.”
The above quote captures the true essence of the value of eyesight in human life. Eyes are the first sensory organs that a human being uses. They give us the ability to see and perceive the world, and enjoy its beauty. The importance of eyes cannot be overlooked and no metaphor or simile can do justice to the importance of eyesight. Virtually all knowledge in the world is absorbed through eyes. A person reads and comprehends knowledge in the world through eyes. Even the Indian tradition has placed enough emphasis on the beauty of eyes and traditional terms like Mrignaini, Sonakshi underline the importance they hold in our lives.
However, as a person ages all the faculties at his disposal seem to undergo a decline. The eyes are no different. Having seen the world they get tired and become weak. Like the rest of the body they age too and gradually people start suffering from a number of eye ailments like:
Refractive errors are the most frequent eye problem and include myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), astigmatism (having a distorted vision at all distances), and presbyopia. A few common symptoms of these eye ailments include a loss in the ability to focus closely or being unable to read letters comfortably. A few people also feel the need of holding their newspapers or books at a distance in order to see clearly. Although the above stated refractive errors can be corrected by eyeglasses or contact lenses in the majority of cases, eye specialists Jun recommend surgeries in some.
Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Macular degeneration also referred to as age-related macular degeneration (AMD) in the field of eye care, is an eye disorder that results in damaging the central vision that is required for seeing objects clearly and also for performing routine activities like reading a book or driving a vehicle.
Cataract is defined as the clouding of the eye lens. It is a major cause of blindness worldwide and is also responsible for vision loss the world over. Unfortunately, people can develop cataracts at any age. It can also be present at the time of birth in certain cases.
Diabetic retinopathy (DR) is a common eye complication that affects diabetic patients. People suffering from diabetic retinopathy experience gradual and progressive damage to the retinal blood vessels.
Glaucoma is an eye ailment that damages the optic nerves of the eyes. Though it can affect anyone, people aged above 40 or suffering from diseases like hypertension are more prone to it. Glaucoma also results in vision loss and blindness.
There are also other issues like Amblyopia and Strabismus that affect the human eyes.
Looking for an eye specialist near you? CFS is your one stop destination
Seeing all these you must be wondering if a person can retain good eyesight for life. Well, the answer to this question is YES!
At Center for Sight, you are at the center of world class treatment related to any issue of the human eye. For us, your eyesight is the center of the world because we believe that every eye deserves the best. With a pan India presence and serving more than 600000 eye patients a year, we have made a mark for ourselves in the field of eye care. Our eye experts are at par with the best not only in India but in the world and second to none. We leverage on state of the art technology and can prove to be your one stop destination for eye related issues like -
- Eye surgery for vision correction to bid goodbye to those pesky prescription glasses.
- Lasik and Refractive Surgery with the help of which you can choose a world with a glass-free, clear vision.
- Cataract Eye Surgery in which we are pioneers of modern bladeless robotic cataract and advanced laser systems like Femto cataract surgery in India.
- Retina and Uvea Services where we offer advanced vitreoretinal surgeries, retinal detachment treatment (retinal tear treatment), diabetic retinopathy management, laser retina treatment, treatment for age-related macular degeneration and treatment for uveitis.
- Paediatric Ophthalmology our experts understand that children Jun experience a multitude of eye problems that are relatively distinct from the eye ailments that are faced by the adult eyes. A few paediatric eye diseases that we cover are squint, refractive errors, lazy eye disease, congenital or paediatric cataract, retinopathy of prematurity (ROP), and tumours.
Give us a call and let our expert panel of ophthalmologists take care of your eyes.
Article: Looking for an eye specialist? Your search ends here
Author: CFS Editorial Team | Aug 2, 2020 | UPDATED 04:25 IST
*The views expressed here are solely those of the author in his private capacity and do not in any way represent the views of Centre for Sight.