Qualification - M.B.B.S. ( 2004 – 2010)
• Completed at Kesar SAL medical college,Ahmedabad with 1 year rotating internship at BJ medical college, Ahmedabad.
D.O. ( 2011 – 2013 )
• Completed in April 2013 at M & J Institute of Ophthalmology, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
Location - Gujarat (Ahmedabad-Navrangpura)
• Experience in anterior segment surgeries like Refractive Surgery, Cataract, Pterygium Excision, Anti Glaucoma Surgery, Keratoplasty, AMG Transplant
• Attended a Mass CATARACT Surgery Camp, held at Bodhgaya, Bihar in March 2014.(operated >200 cases)
• PHACO fellowship from Sankara Nethralaya in April-May 2014.
• Operated more than 1000 Phaco Surgeries including Monofocal, Multifocal and Toric IOLs
• Presented a PAPER on “PRE & POST OPERATIVE ASTIGMATISM FOLLOWING PTERYGIUM EXCISION” in GOS CONFERENCE held in 2012
• Attended a PG teaching programme held by AIOS at Nagpur in 2012.
• Cataract And Community Ophthalmology Fellowship From SANKARA NETHRALAYA in 2014.
• Clinical teaching of M.B.B.S. students during residency: 2011-2013.
• Worked as a Junior Resident in AMC MET Medical College,Ahmedabad from May 2013-Oct 2013
• Previously worked as a Junior Resident in GMERS Medical College,Sola, Ahmedabad, from Nov 2013- Oct 2016
• Previously worked as a part-time consultant at Clear vision Eye Hospital, Ahmedabad, from Sept 2015- Oct 2016
• Currently working at Centre For Sight, Ahmedabad as a Consultant and Refractive Surgeon at DDLC, New Vision Laser Centre, Ahmedabad since November 2016.
Cataract, Cornea and Refractive services
MBBS MS FIAS FICO Fellow in Cornea and Refractive services
Dr. Tulika Chauhan has completed her graduation and post-graduation from Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College, Indore, M.P. During her residency she was an academic in charge of undergraduates and post graduates. She has been trained in anterior segment surgeries in some of the reputed institute of India like Susrut eye foundation and research center (Kolkata), Venu eye Institute and research Center (New Delhi) and Chandraprabha eye hospital (Assam). She pursued her fellowship in Cornea and Refractive surgeries from Massachusetts eye and ear infirmary, University of Harvard (Boston) and Jules stein eye institute, University of California at Los Angeles (Los Angeles). Before being a part of Center for Sight Family she was working as a visiting Consultant in Cornea services at “Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Germany) Her area of surgical expertise includes Refractive surgeries, Corneal Transplant, Cataract surgeries, Limbal stem cell deficiency management, Keratoprosthesis, Ocular surface rehabilitation. Her area of research includes Keratoconus, Limbal stem cell deficiency, Keratoprosthesis, Corneal dystrophies, HumanOptics artificial iris and Dry eye disease.
Dr. Varun Malhotra completed his Basic Medical education from Topiwala National Medical College and BYL Nair Hospital , Mumbai and MS in Ophthalmology from JJM Medical College ,Davanagere affiliated to Rajiv
Gandhi University of Health Sciences , Bangalore followed by a Fellowship in Cornea , Anterior Segment and Refractive Surgery from the prestigious
Sankara Nethralaya , Chennai .
He finished Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship in Microincision Cataract Surgeries from Sankara Netralaya and was a Zeiss-Ophthalmic Diagnostics fellow at LV Prasad
Eye Institute , Hyderabad . He has also trained under Dr. Rupal Shah in
Refractive Surgery who is an authority on the subject.
Dr. Varun’s previous experience includes a stint as Consultant - Anand Eye Institute , Hyderabad and Consultant – Pushpagiri Eye Institute , Secunderabad
. He was also a Visiting Consultant at Pushpagiri Eye Institute , Vizianagram and Indo-US Hospital , Malakpet ,Hyderabad .
His special areas of interest are Microincision Cataract Surgeries, Corneal
Transplants and Refractive Surgeries with special emphasis on Femto
Procedures. He has Published papers and has delivered lectures at various state and National conferences.
He is also the Academic Co-ordinator for “ eyeOpener education programme “ for post graduate students .
Dr. Vikas Menon has completed his postgraduation from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi and Fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Orbit & Ocular Oncology from the prestigious LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad. Dr. Menon specializes in plastic & reconstructive surgery of eyelids and orbit. He is also a qualified specialist for Botox treatment for cosmetic & neurological uses. His other areas of interest include tumors of eyelids, orbit, ocular surface & intraocular tumors especially Retinoblastoma. He also has vast experience in managing patients of thyroid eye disease and cases of periocular trauma. He has been invited as speaker in various national and international conferences. Dr. Menon also has to his credit publications in both indexed and non-indexed journals and chapters in text books.
P., MD FRCS(Glasgow)
Chief Retina Surgeon,
Founder, Medical Director
MBBS (1992-1997): All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
MD (Jan 1998 - Dec 2000): All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
Senior Residency in Vitreo-Retina (2001-2003): All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
Special Interests: Surgical retina including complicated vitreo-retinal surgeries for retinal detachment, vitreous hemorrhage, advanced diabetic retinopathy, macular holes and epiretinal membranes.
Retina & Cataract Surgeon
Seth GS Medical College, KEM Hospital Mumbai
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS),
Vitreo-Retina Fellowship (2007-2009):
Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai
Special Interests: Ocular trauma, Complications and Scleral fixated IOLs