Natural Remedies to Save your Eyes from Pollution
Pollution is one such evil in our lives that is not only ruining parts of the earth with each passing day, but it is also a detrimental factor in disturbing our health. From adverse effects on lungs to various cancers, pollution is a notorious element in causing serious health issues. In fact, many eye related problems like infections, dry eyes to name a few are the effects of pollution. Here are a few remedies that will help you soothe such eye problems and act as a fix.
- The pollutants in the air can cause conjunctivitis and other eye infections. Avoid touching your eyes without washing your hands. Also, if you catch the infection, then use lubricating eye drops and other prescribed medicines to relieve the condition.
- Try to keep your eyes covered as much as possible. Use good quality sunglasses and wide brimmed hats to prevent dust, allergens from entering the eyes.
- Buy sunglasses that provide UV protection to banish the harmful ultraviolet sun rays.
- Cold compresses can give immediate relief from itchy eyes when applied around the eye. The easiest way to apply cold compresses in the itchy eye is to soak a clean, sterile piece of cloth in cold water and apply it to an affected eye. Repeat this to get quick relief.
- Soak cotton swabs with rose water and put it over eyes to soothe puffy eyes and it will also help in cleansing the area around the eyes.
- Always wash your eyes with cold water after coming back from outside to prevent irritation and infections.
- Calendula is a herb with antiviral and antibacterial properties that help fight infection and heal conjunctivitis. Moreover, being anti-inflammatory, it soothes eye discomfort and irritation.
- Add some dried chamomile flowers in boiling water and use this to wash your eyes after cooling. This simple mixture is an effective method to treat burning eyes and can be performed easily at home.
- Drink fresh vegetable juice. Prepare a juice of carrots and spinach and have it on a regular basis to check redness and itchiness in eyes and keep them healthy.
- If you feel severe itching or redness, avoid touching or rubbing your eyes at any cost. If the remedies do not provide relief, then see your eye doctor immediately.
Cover your eyes, wash them clean every time you get home from outside and follow these simple steps to relieve eye problems caused by pesky pollution.